Looking to raise money? Start here. Pitching and business plan tips and tactics from Andrew Bouldin of Clayton Associates
BY William Griggs ON Sep 01, 2011
So you’ve got a brilliant business idea, but where do you go from there?
Don’t let this daunting question keep your entrepreneurial dreams from soaring! Tune in to this week’s episode of Startup Spotlight with Andrew Bouldin. Speaking from the experienced desk of Clayton Associates, Andrew offers tips on how to structure and pitch a business plan to potential investors that can put your dreams in flight.
What you will learn in this episode:
- The history of Clayton Associates
- The types of businesses Clayton Associates invest in
- Secrets to crafting a successful business plan
- 4 key things investors look for in a business plan
- What investors are looking for in a company including its idea and its management team
- Common business plan mistakes to avoid
- Overview of the fundraising process including the due diligence process
- How to get in front of investors
- How to get investors to pay attention to you
- How to stand out from other entrepreneurs
- How to structure your pitch
About Andrew Bouldin
Free Course: "Become a Better Founder in 10 Days" + Secret Bonus
(Valued at $98)
This amazing course will help you launch a tech startup as a non-technical founder over the next 10 days.
100% privacy guaranteed. I'll never share your email.
About William Griggs
William Griggs is a product and customer acquisition strategist who has helped numerous startups including companies backed by Andreessen Horowitz, FLOODGATE, & 500 Startups. In addition to his consulting work, he has written for Mashable, VentureBeat, & ReadWrite. You can check out his podcast on iTunes (The Startup Slingshot TV) or follow him on Twitter @william_griggs for Tweets chock-full of delicious knowledge nuggets.
In addition to everything tech startups, William loves breakfast tacos, dogs, short emails, and Amazon Prime. He currently resides in Austin, Texas with his beautiful wife Elizabeth.