So you’ve got a brilliant business idea, but where do you go from there?
Don’t let this daunting question keep your entrepreneurial dreams from soaring! Tune in to this week’s episode of Startup Spotlight with Andrew Bouldin. Speaking from the experienced desk of Clayton Associates, Andrew offers tips on how to structure and pitch a business plan to potential investors that can put your dreams in flight.
What you will learn in this episode:
- The history of Clayton Associates
- The types of businesses Clayton Associates invest in
- Secrets to crafting a successful business plan
- 4 key things investors look for in a business plan
- What investors are looking for in a company including its idea and its management team
- Common business plan mistakes to avoid
- Overview of the fundraising process including the due diligence process
- How to get in front of investors
- How to get investors to pay attention to you
- How to stand out from other entrepreneurs
- How to structure your pitch
About Andrew Bouldin
Andrew Bouldin is an Associate at FCA Venture Partners, the venture capital manager of Clayton Associates.
Mr. Bouldin is responsible for industry and market research, financial analysis, due diligence, and investor relations. He actively assists Portfolio Companies with various research and financial initiatives such as budgeting, market analysis and technology assessment.
He has experience working with startups through his work developing online marketing initiatives at Sicard & Co., completing due diligence at The University of Tennessee Research Foundation, and working in business development at the Silicon Valley office of Uloop.com. He also has personal experience as an entrepreneur through founding two companies: Pro-Cut Mowing and the college travel website MyCollegeRoadTrip.com.
Mr. Bouldin graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.S. in Finance from the University of Tennessee and completed his MBA from Vanderbilt’s Owen Graduate School of Management concentrating in Finance and Entrepreneurship.